Saturday, March 22, 2014

Beware of mold in the Waterpik:


I like my waterpik and use it daily.
I find it good for jostling free everything from raspberry seeds to leafy things.

But look what I found today when I accidently jolted the waterpick compartment free from the water reservoir!!



I went back to the manual for the product and found absolutely nothing directing me to separate the two parts and clean regularly



Suggestion for the Waterpik people


Instead of this: 


Wipe the exterior when necessary with a soft cloth and mild non abrasive cleanser. Reservoir may be washed with soapy water or in top rack of dishwasher.







Try this:


IMPORTANT
Prevent mold.
Once a week separate the water reservoir from the water pik unit and wipe clean with soft cloth and mild non-abrasive cleaner.
This will prevent mold from developing.


2 comments:

  1. My chemist suggested hydrogen peroxide. It kind of works. Bleach kills mold.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This brings up a subject that has never crossed my mind before. Thanks for starting a dialog on the subject.

    http://www.longmontdentalhealth.com

    ReplyDelete